8.2.14

First blog post! Valentines mani with a twist



Hi all and welcome to my blog. My first post is a valentines manicure...with a twist. I had an idea in my head of how I wanted it to look, as usual they never turn out they way I expect! Sometimes for the better, but I don't think that was the case this time. Anyway, I started as always with my base coat, currently RCM's Structure, and then did two coats of RCM's Nervous with anticipation. The bottle is a very baby pink and I think it is meant to give your nails a pink tint but I just think they look clear. Then I wiped off the tacky layer and applied RCM White Hot for the French Tips.
Then I added the heart and the pink outlines. This was done using a brand called Bluesky. It is really good! Very well price and applies well, with good coverage, and has great staying power. This is a colour change gel polish! I then finished with a Bluesky top coat.

When you are cold, the colour change polish is bright pink and when you are hot it is clear (or white depending on how many coats you apply). Here are some pictures showing the colour change.
Hands are warm in this picture, almost looks like a normal French mani, with the exception of the tip on the ring finger.
You can just slightly see that the pink lines are returning.

Now the transformation is fully complete (my hands are practically always cold!)

I have used this colour change polish as a full manicure before. Here's the link to the picture on my facebook page : Colour change gel polish manicure

Hope you all enjoyed the first post and liked the design. Please comment and let me know what you think

Bye for now :)

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute design! I love how at first it looks like a traditional mani but then the color change happens! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani :) I wanted to do a french as I haven't done one in a while and wanted to tie it in with valentines day

      Delete
  2. Ohhh that's a super cute design! I really like it. Great first post and good luck with your blog.

    ReplyDelete