24.1.15

Damask stamped mani


Hi everyone. I love Damask patterns don't you? So I thought why not combine two of my favourite colours, blue and purple, to make one of my favourite manicures so far!
When I saw the MoYou Fasionista plate 07 I just knew I had to have it. I did have to wait a while to get my hands on it as it kept going out of stock but it was worth the wait.


For the base of the manicure I used Gelish My One Blue Love from their Once Upon A Dream 2014 collection. Unlike it's name it is not lovely to apply, which is a shame as it's a beautiful powder blue. I had issues with the polish becoming stringy and sticky after painting on for a few seconds. Which made the polish pull and leave bald spaces. It did even out a bit after 3 coats but I felt the need to stamp it straight away to hide the blemishes. 



For the stamping I used a polish from MoYou called Palatinate Purple which is actually a nail lacquer rather than an actual stamping polish but it stamps really nicely. I topped it off with my Seche Vite fast dry top coat.


What do you think of this design? Anyone else use My One Blue Love and have application problems? Let me know in the comments below.

Bye for now x






10 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty! I love such patterns and i am also in love with the base. Though u have said that u felt the need to stamp righ away, for me, It looks creamy and perfect!! Such a lovely shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment :) the pictures were very kind to this polish and didn't show the bald spots luckily!

      Delete
  2. Amazinnnngggg!!!! So Beautiful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Shade and beautiful design. I loved all designs from Moyou fashionista collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous colour. I love MoYou, my collection just keeps growing

      Delete
  4. I luv these patterns.. gives vintage look. The color combination is pretty and it feels bad when a polish doesn't work out well.. it doesn't look anything like that in pics though

    ReplyDelete
  5. the stamped image looks so good. and i love the base color

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stamping is so pro. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the placement of patterns and that is a lovely color combo too!

    ReplyDelete