18.7.15

HPB Presents Starry Night Sky


It's time for another Hobby Polish Blogger link up and this months theme is Starry Night Sky! For this mani I wanted to do a camping scene under the stars. I used to go camping all the time with an old school friend when I was in my teens and I loved it.


I used images from my Uber chic plates to create this design. I think I am a bit obsessed with these plates at the moment but can you blame me?! They have such gorgeous designs. 


I used the stars, caravan, bear and trees on plate 2 from collection 2.


I also used the full image of stars on plate 3 from collection 2.


For the lighter part of the gradient I used Damson from Barry m. I applied the trees by using the decal method. I was just going to place the bear on it's own on my ring finger but it felt a bit out of place. So I layered it over some trees but I'm not sure if it's a bit too much. Anyway I didn't have time to re-do it so he stayed there.


The darker colour is one that my boyfriend picked up for me. I told him my theme and that I needed a dark midnight blue and he brought this back form Wilkos...the boy did good! It is from Essence and I think it is called Bore but it's hard to tell what it says as the writing underneath the bottle is dark like the polish.


Here are my little campers among the trees, sleeping peacefully while a bear is lurking in the woods.




Simply Nailogical recently shared one of her tips for a great white base for your nail art and that is Color Club - French Tip. It is nice and thick and opaque in one coat so it's a perfect base for gradients.

What do you think of my camping scene under the stars? Don't forgot to check out all the other Starry Night Sky manicures linked below.

Bye for now x 
















No comments:

Post a Comment